RAN A-4G+ Skyhawk 2002

RAN A-4G+ Skyhawk 2002

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Weathering experiments!

If you haven't watched any of the AK Interactive DVD's on weathering you should, I highly recommend them!

These are the 3 I've been watching over the last couple of weeks.....
Watching Mig Jimenez paint and weather these vehicles is nothing short of amazing! Through his efforts to teach the wider modelling community and AK Interactive's high quality production values, these DVD's are a 'must have' for the modeller wishing to learn more about how to paint and weather their models. Even though only armour is shown on these particular DVD's it shouldn't stop the Aircraft or Science Fiction modeller from gaining valuable information either.

I must admit I've had to watch and re-watch these DVD's many times, such is the depth and wealth of information in them. The main secret to Mig's techniques is 'layers'. One techniques is layered on top of another to get the effect of the finished product.

Over the next weeks/months I will be practising many of the techniques and variations thereof on several of my ongoing projects. I have already begun some initial tests to see what I can achieve after what I have learned. See for yourself......

Here's an old King Tiger turret from a model I build many years ago.




 And here we have some camouflage experiments mixed with some weathering experiments.
Inside the yellow circle is a mystery substance, probably some sauce dropped by one of my children! Not to worry it's only a practice model! :)
 I must say a big "thank you!" to Mig and the AK Interactive team for a very good product and for reigniting my passion for an awesome hobby!

No comments: